PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING AUGUST 5, 2015
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Rodger Brown, Maribel Hernandez, Fred Quigley and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF July 15, 2015.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. TERRACES AT PACIFIC CREST AMENDMENT AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF BATTLES ROAD AND DEPOT STREET. Review of an Amendment request (A2015-0019) for an extension of time to a previously approved Planned Development Permit (PD2006-003) on an 8.36 acre site in the PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) district.
2. SEVILLA PERMIT AMENDMENT AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF SANTA MARIA WAY AND SUNRISE DRIVE. Review of an Amendment request (A2015-0020) for an extension of time to a previously approved Planned Development Permit (PD2007-010) on a 10.38 acre site in the PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) district.
3. CENTENNIAL SQUARE AMENDMENT AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF MILLER STREET AND PLAZA DRIVE. Review of an Amendment request (A2015-0021) for an extension of time to a previously approved Planned Development Permit (PD2012-0003) on a 6.35 acre site in the PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) district.
4. ME-N-ED'S/FIGUEROA MOUNTAIN BREWERY CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 560 EAST BETTERAVIA ROAD. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2015-0015) for Milano Restaurants International to allow for amplified and acoustic live music on a 1.17 acre site in the PD/C-2 (Planned Development/General Commercial) district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: By motion, approve the consent calendar.
Next Resolution No: 2663
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
5. NAUMESCU DENTAL OFFICE AT 120 SOUTH COLLEGE DRIVE. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0002) for Ion Naumescu to allow a dental office on a 0.19 acre site in a PD/CPO (Planned Development/Commercial Office and Professional Office) district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2015-0002.
6. CANDY MAN SHOP OUTDOOR STORAGE AT 320 NORTH RUSSELL AVENUE. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2015-0010) for Hugo Aceves to allow outdoor storage on a 0.8 acre site in a CM (Commercial/Manufacturing) district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2015-0010.
7. LAZ-E-DAZE BOARDINGHOUSE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AND DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT AT 1300-1324 NORTH BROADWAY. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0010) and Development Agreement (DA2014-0002), for Western Sky Communities, LLC, to 1) revoke 66-U-67, which allowed the Laz-E-Daze Retirement Center, and 2) allow a boardinghouse as a mixed-use project on the 3.99 acre property with 1.71 acres in the R-3 (High Density Residential) and 2.28 acres in the PD/C-2 (Planned Development/General Commercial) districts.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: Recommendation: That the Planning Commission continue the PD-2014-0010 and DA2014-0002 to a public hearing on August 19, 2015.
8. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
9. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Study Session: August 20, 2015
Next Public Hearing: August 19, 2015
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item
on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be
available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community
Development Department Office,
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2015\AUGUST 5 PC AGENDA.docx