PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING DECEMBER 2, 2015
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Rodger Brown, Maribel Hernandez, Fred Quigley and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 18, 2015.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2670
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. FED EX GROUND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1424 FAIRWAY DRIVE. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0013) for Fed Ex Ground-Santa Maria to allow a 181,975 square foot warehouse and distribution facility on a 21.1 acre site in the PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion;
1. Approve a Mitigated Negative Declaration;
2. Approve Planned Development Permit PD2015-0013.
2. LAZ-E-DAZE BOARDINGHOUSE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AND DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT AT 1300-1324 NORTH BROADWAY. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0010) and Development Agreement (DA2014-0002), for Western Sky Communities, LLC, to (1) revoke 66-U-67, which allowed the Laz-E-Daze Retirement Center, and (2) allow a boardinghouse as a mixed-use project on the 3.99 acre property with 1.71 acres in the R-3 (High Density Residential) and 2.28 acres in the PD/C-2 (Planned Development/General Commercial) districts.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission:
1. By motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2014-0010;
2. By resolution, recommend that the City Council approve Development Agreement DA2014-0002.
motion, revoke Conditional Use Permit 66-U-67
3. OUTDOOR STORAGE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1400 WEST BETTERAVIA ROAD. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0015) for Pat Cusack to allow a fenced temporary storage yard, including; gravel surfaced outdoor storage lots for vehicles and various surplus materials, a temporary office trailer, a gravel surfaced access driveway; and landscape improvements on a 3.6-acre site in the PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) district.
That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2015-0015.
4. TEXT AMENDMENTS TO CHAPTER 12-29 (HOME OCCUPATIONS) OF THE ZONING ORDINANCE. Review of City-initiated zoning text amendments (Z2015-0005) to Chapter 29 (Home Occupations) of Title 12 of the Municipal Code related to parking of commercial vehicles.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend City Council approve Zoning Text Amendment Z2015-0005.
5. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
6. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Study Session: December 3, 2015.
Next Public Hearing: December 16, 2015
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item
on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be
available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community
Development Department Office,
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planninby resolution, recommend City Council approve Z2015-0005.g\PC Agendas\2015\NOVEMBER 18 PC AGENDA.docx