PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING DECEMBER 16, 2015
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Maribel Hernandez, Fred Quigley and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF DECEMBER 2, 2015.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2673
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. CLEAN-UP ZONING TEXT AMENDMENTS TO TITLE 12. Review of Zoning Text Amendments (Z2015-0007) to Title 12 of the Santa Maria Municipal Code for minor year-end clean-up amendments.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend approval of Zoning Text Amendment Z2015-0007.
2. AMENDMENT TO THE PLANNING COMMISSION PROCEDURES. Review of an amendment to the Planning Commission procedures to update the scheduling of study sessions and other minor changes (SP2015-0003).
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, approve revisions to the Planning Commission procedures.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
4. BETTERAVIA PLAZA GENERAL PLAN LAND USE MAP AMENDMENT, ZONE CHANGE, DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT AND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT ON THE NORTH SIDE OF WEST BETTERAVIA ROAD, EAST OF SOUTH BLOSSER ROAD. Review of (1) an Environmental Impact Report, (2) a General Plan Land Use Map Amendment and Zone Change (GPZ2014-0002), (3) a Development Agreement (DA2015-0001), and (4) a conceptual Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0006) for Betteravia Plaza to allow construction of up to 286,000 sq. ft. of retail commercial development on 27.7 acres; 64,400 sq. ft. of office development on 5.54 acres; and 271 residential units on 11.3 acres and associated public streets and infrastructure improvements on a 55 acre industrial-zoned parcel.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission;
I. 1. By resolution, recommend that the City Council certify that the Final Environmental Impact Report (EIR) and adopt a statement of overriding considerations and a mitigation monitoring program; and
II. 2. By resolution, recommend that the City Council approve a General Plan Land Use Map Amendment and Zone Change GPZ2014-0002; and
III. 3. By resolution, recommend that the City Council approve a Development Agreement DA2015-0001; and
IV. By motion, continue Conceptual Planned Development Permit, PD2015-0006 to January 20, 2016.
6. VERIZON TELECOMMUNICATIONS TOWER CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 232 NORTH BENWILEY AVENUE. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2015-0008) for Verizon to construct a 50-foot-tall telecommunication tower and associated equipment on a developed 0.4 acre site in a CM (Commercial/ Manufacturing) zoning district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission take one of the following actions;
· By motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2015-0008; or
· By resolution, deny Conditional Use Permit U2015-0008; or
· By motion, continue the public hearing to January 20, 2016, for additional outreach.
7. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
8. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Study Session: To be announced.
Next Public Hearing: January 6, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item
on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be
available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community
Development Department Office,
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2015\DECEMBER 16 PC AGENDA.docx