PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING JANUARY 7, 2015
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Adrian Andrade
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Rodger Brown, Robert Dickerson, Fred Quigley and Chair Adrian Andrade
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF DECEMBER 3, 2014.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. WESTGATE MARKETPLACE PERMIT AMENDMENT AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF SOUTH BLOSSER ROAD AND WEST BATTLES ROAD. Review of an Amendment request (A2014-0016) by Westgate Marketplace to extend the expiration date of a Planned Development Permit (PD2007-0012) to allow the construction of a 132,380-square-foot retail shopping center on a 13.1 acre site in the PD/CC (Planned Development/Convenience Center) zoning district. (Project Planner: Bill Scott)
SANTA MARIA FREEWAY
CENTER TOWER SIGN PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AMENDMENT AT 1000 EAST BETTERAVIA
ROAD. Review of an
Amendment request (A2014-0013) by General Development Company to extend the
expiration date of a Planned Development Permit (PD2008-010) to allow the
construction of a 70-foot-tall tower sign on a 4.7 acre site in the PD/FS
(Planned Development/Freeway Service) zoning district. (Project Planner:
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: By motion, approve the consent calendar.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
Deliberation by Commission.
SANTA MARIA FREEWAY CENTER PERMIT AMENDMENT
AT 1000 EAST BETTERAVIA ROAD. Review of
an Amendment request (A2014-0012) by General Development Company to extend the
expiration date of a Planned Development Permit (PD2002-020) to allow the
construction of a 25,267-square-foot commercial center on a 4.7 acre site in
the PD/FS (Planned Development/Freeway Service) zoning district. (Project
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve amendment A2014-0012 with new conditions.
4. SPLASH N DASH TENTATIVE MAP AND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 220 EAST DONOVAN ROAD. Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (Tract 5995) for Splash N Dash Car Wash to allow subdivision of a 1.8 acre parcel into three lots and a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0004) to allow the construction of a 3,590-square-foot drive-through car wash on a 1.0 acre site. (Project Planner: Bill Scott)
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve PD2014-0004 and Tract 5995.
5. ELECTION OF PLANNING COMMISSION OFFICERS. Election of the Chair, Vice Chair, Subdivision Committee Representative and Alternate Subdivision Committee Representative for the 2015 calendar year.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve the election of Planning Commission officers.
6. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
7. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Study Session: The January 8, 2015 Study Session has been cancelled.
Next Public Hearing: January 21, 2015
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to
an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will
be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the
Community Development Department Office,
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2015\JANUARY 7 PC AGENDA.doc