PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING JANUARY 21, 2015
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Rodger Brown, Fred Quigley and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF JANUARY 7, 2015.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. SPLASH N DASH TENTATIVE MAP AND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 220 EAST DONOVAN ROAD. Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (Tract 5995) for Splash N Dash Car Wash to allow subdivision of a 1.8 acre parcel into three lots and a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0004) to allow the construction of a 3,590-square-foot drive-through car wash on a 1.0 acre site. (Project Planner: Bill Scott)
2. DIAMOND A EQUIPMENT CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 1306 WHITE COURT. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2014-0042) for Diamond A Equipment to allow tractor sales, service and outdoor equipment storage on a 4.3 acre site in the PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) and the PD/M-2 (Planned Development/General Manufacturing) zoning districts (Project Planner: Frank Albro)
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: By motion, approve the consent calendar.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
Deliberation by Commission.
3. SANTA MARIA FAIRWAY PINES GENERAL PLAN LAND USE MAP AMENDMENT, ZONE CHANGE AND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 2640 TO 2650 INDUSTRIAL PARKWAY. Review of a (1) Negative Declaration of the environmental impact; (2) a General Plan Land Use Map Amendment and Zone Change (GPZ2014-0004) for Santa Maria Fairway Pines; and (3) a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0012) for to establish office uses in existing buildings on a 1.5 acre site. (Project Planner: Brian Halvorson)
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend that the City Council take the following actions:
a. Approve a Negative Declaration;
Approve GPZ2014-0004, a
And that the Planning Commission by motion, continue PD2014-0012 to March 4, 2015.
4. OVERVIEW OF PLANNING COMMISSION AUTHORITY FOR WIRELESS TELECOMMUNICATION APPLICATIONS. Discussion of the Planning Commission authority to review wireless telecommunication applications. (Division Manager: Peter Gilli)
5. SCHEDULING OF PLANNING COMMISSION STUDY SESSIONS. Discussion of the scheduling of Planning Commission study sessions. (Division Manager: Peter Gilli)
6. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
7. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing and Special Study Session: February 4, 2015
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an
item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be
available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community
Development Department Office,
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2015\JANUARY 21 PC AGENDA.doc