PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING JULY 15, 2015
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Rodger Brown, Maribel Hernandez, Fred Quigley and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF MAY 20, 2015.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. REFUGIO PERMIT AMENDMENT AT 237 WEST MCCOY LANE. Review of an Amendment request (A2015-0017) by Urban Planning Concepts for an extension of time to previously approved Planned Development Permit (PD2006-0005) on a 5.2 acre site in the PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) zoning district.
2. CLEANER EARTH RECYCLING COMPANY CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 504 SOUTH WESTERN AVENUE. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2015-0012) for Cleaner Earth Recycling Company to allow electronic recycling on a 0.96 acre site in a CM (Commercial Manufacturing) district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: By motion, approve the consent calendar.
Next Resolution No: 2663
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
3. CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT FOR JORDAN SELF-SERVICE CAR WASH AT 309 EAST CHAPEL STREET. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2015-0011) for Chapel Street Car Wash, to allow renovation of an existing self-serve car wash on a 0.3 acre site in the Bungalow District of the Downtown Specific Plan.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend City Council approve U2015-0011.
4. SANTA MARIA POLICE DEPARTMENT COMMUNICATIONS TOWER AT 1111 WEST BETTERAVIA ROAD. Request for a Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0007) by the City of Santa Maria to allow construction of a 100-foot-tall communications tower, with appurtenant mast antennas not exceeding 125 feet above ground level, on a 5.1 acre parcel in the PF (Public Facility) district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission:
1. By motion, approve a Mitigated Negative Declaration;
2. By motion, approve PD2015-0007.
5. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
6. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Study Session: July 16, 2015
Next Public Hearing: August 5, 2015
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an
item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be
available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community
Development Department Office,
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2015\JULY 15 PC AGENDA.docx