PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING MARCH 4, 2015
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Rodger Brown, Maribel Hernandez, Fred Quigley and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 18, 2015.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. SANTA MARIA FAIRWAY PINES PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 2640 TO 2650 INDUSTRIAL PARKWAY. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0012) to establish parameters for allowed uses of seven suites totaling approximately 17,000 square feet based on available parking office uses on a 1.5 acre site in the PD/CPO (Planned Development/Commercial Professional Office) district.
Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2014-0035) to allow construction of a screened outdoor storage yard for Vegetable Growers Supply located on a 1 acre portion of a 3.6 acre parcel located in a PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) zoning district (West Main Specific Plan).
3. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2014-0040) by SLO OP Climbing Gym to establish a new climbing gym on a 0.8 acre site in a PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) zoning district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: By motion, approve the consent calendar.
Next Resolution No: 2659
4. AUTHORIZATION TO INITIATE A ZONING TEXT AMENDMENT TO ALLOW SECOND DWELLING UNITS IN THE R-1 DISTRICT. Review of zoning text amendments (Z2014-0001) for Coastal Community Builders to consider second dwelling units in the R-1 (Single Family Residential) zoning district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission recommend the City Council take one of the following actions:
1. Decline to authorize the zoning text amendment application to be processed; or
2. Authorize staff to process a zoning text amendment to allow second units in the R-1 district subject to specific limitations to ensure no impacts to City infrastructure.
5. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
6. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Special Study Session to Follow Public Hearing: April 1, 2015
Next Public Hearing: April 1, 2015
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet
will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the
Community Development Department Office,
reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the
meeting, please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2015\MARCH 4 PC AGENDA.doc