PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING NOVEMBER 18, 2015
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER: Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE:
ROLL CALL: Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Rodger Brown, Maribel Hernandez, Fred Quigley and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 4, 2015.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD: (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2668
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. VERIZON TELECOMMUNICATION TOWER PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1000 WEST FOSTER ROAD. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0017) for Sequoia Development/Verizon Wireless to construct a 113-foot-tall telecommunication tower and associated equipment on a partially developed 37.5 acre site in an OS (Open Space) district of the Airport Business Park Specific Plan.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion,approve Planned Development Permit, PD2015-0017
2. TEXT AMENDMENTS TO CHAPTER 12-54 OF THE ZONING ORDINANCE RELATED TO MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARIES AND CULTIVATION. Review of City-initiated zoning text amendments (Z2015-0006) to Chapter 12-54 (Medical Marijuana Dispensaries) of the Municipal Code addressing medical marijuana dispensaries and cultivation.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution:
1. Recommend the City Council approve Z2015-0006 with a ban on cultivation; or
2. Recommend the City Council approve Z2015-0006 with limited cultivation.
3. DETERMINATION OF GENERAL PLAN CONSISTENCY FOR THE COUNTY OF SANTA BARBARA ACQUISITION OF 110 AND 116 WEST AGNES AVENUE. Request for a determination of General Plan conformity (SP2015-0022) from the County of Santa Barbara for Alcohol, Drug and Mental Health services on 0.28 acres at 110 and 116 West Agnes Avenue in the CPO (Commercial and Professional Office) Land Use Classification and PD/CPO (Planned Development/Commercial Professional Office) zoning district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, finds that the proposed acquisition by the County of Santa Barbara for the proposed Alcohol, Drug, and Mental Health facility is consistent with the City of Santa Maria General Plan.
4. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Study Session: November 19, 2015.
Next Public Hearing: December 2, 2015
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item
on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be
available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community
Development Department Office,
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2015\NOVEMBER 18 PC AGENDA.docx