PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING APRIL 6, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Gayle Pratt, Tim Seifert and Chair Maribel Hernandez
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes).
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2684
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. PLANNED DEVELOPMENT FOR SMOOTH TRANSPORTATION SOUTH SIDE OF EAST ROEMER WAY, 400 FEET WEST OF NORTH BROADWAY. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0027) for SMOOTH transportation to allow expansion of employee parking and bus storage facilities on a 0.6 acre portion of a 1.19 acre parcel located in a PD/C-2 (Planned Development/General Commercial) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2015-0027.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
2. VERIZON MONO-TREE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1611 SOUTH BLOSSER ROAD. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0006) for Verizon to construct a mono-tree at an Arco gas station on a 1.6 acre site in a PD/CC (Planned Development/Convenience Center) district of the Blosser Southwest Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, deny Planned Development Permit PD2014-0006.
3. LIBERTINE BREWING COMPANY CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 2325 A STREET. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2016-0003) for Libertine Brewing Company to allow a brewery with storage and distribution and limited tasting on a 0.58 acre site in a PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2016-0003.
4. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Study Session: April 7, 2016
Next Public Hearing: April 20, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item
on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be
available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community
Development Department Office,
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2016\APRIL 6 PC AGENDA.docx