SPECIAL PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING APRIL 27, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Gail Pratt, Tim Seifert, and Chair Maribel Hernandez
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. Madland Toyota-Lift Conditional Use Permit at 222 N. Blosser Road. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2016-0004) for Madland Toyota-Lift for forklift sales, rental, and service on a 0.6 acre site in a CM (Commercial/Manufacturing) zoning district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2016-0004.
2. TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP TO SUBDIVIDE 99.6 ACRES INTO FOUR LOTS, LOCATED EAST OF BLACK ROAD, SOUTH OF THE SANTA MARIA VALLEY RAIL ROAD AND NORTH THE SONYA LANE ALIGNMENT. Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (TR5986-0001) to subdivide a 99.6 acre parcel into four lots located in the PD/M-2 (Planned Development/General Manufacturing) zoning district of Area 9 Specific Plan.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion:
1. Approve the Addendum to the Area 9 Specific Plan Environmental Impact Report;
2. Approve the Tentative Parcel Map Tract 5986 (TR5986-0001).
3. SUMMARY VACATION OF AN UNNAMED ALLEY OFF OF SOUTH DEPOT STREET ADJACENT TO WEST CENTURY STREET. Determination of General Plan conformance (SP2016-0007) for a summary vacation of a portion of an alley off of South Depot Street and adjacent to West Century Street in the CM (Commercial/Manufacturing) zoning district.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend approval of the proposed vacation SP2016-0007.
4. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Study Session: May 5, 2016
Next Public Hearing: May 18, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2016\April 27 PC Agenda.docx