PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING AUGUST 17, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Gayle Pratt, Tim Seifert, and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF JULY 6, AND JULY 20, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2696
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. PREISKER COMMERCIAL CENTER TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP, NORTHWEST CORNER OF NORTH BROADWAY AND PREISKER LANE. Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (TR2016-0001) for Preisker Commercial Center to subdivide a 5.0 acre site into three parcels in a PD-f/C-2 (Planned Development/Freeway Tower/General Commercial) zoning district of the Entrada Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue Tentative Parcel Map TR2016-0001 to the September 7, 2016 public hearing.
2. TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP TO SUBDIVIDE A 4.0 ACRE PARCEL INTO TWO LOTS, 3200 SKYWAY DRIVE. Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (TR2016-0003) to subdivide a 4.0 acre parcel into two lots located in the PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, approve the Tentative Parcel Map TR2016-0003, Tract 6010.
3. MONROY’S MUFFLER’S AND TIRES CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 146 EAST INGER DRIVE. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2016-0015) for Monroy's Muffler's and Tires to allow tires sales and repair on a 2.3 acre site in a PD/C-2 (Planned Development/General Commercial) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2016-0015.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve the Consent Calendar.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
4. CASA BUENA COURT ZONING MAP AMENDMENT, TENTATIVE MAP, AND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 905 WEST COOK STREET. Review of a Zoning Map Amendment (Z2015-0009) on a 1.1 acre site in the R-2 (Medium Density Residential) district, and review of a Tentative Map (TR2015-0002) and Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0025) by Palacios Architects for a proposed subdivision and four residential units on a 0.28 acre site.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission:
1. By resolution, recommend City Council approval of Zoning Map Amendment Z2015-0009.
2. By resolution, recommend City Council approval of Tentative Map TR2015-0002.
3. By motion, continue Planned Development Permit PD2015-0022 to October 5, 2016.
5. VERIZON MONOPINE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT ROTARY CENTENNIAL PARK. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0001) for Verizon Wireless, to allow the construction of a monopine telecommunication tower and associated facilities at Rotary Centennial Park in a PD/PF (Planned Development/Public Facilities) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission take one of the following actions:
1. By motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0001; or
2. By resolution, deny Planned Development Permit PD2016-0001; or
3. By motion, continue the application to a future hearing date, in order to allow the applicant to provide additional information, subject to applicant agreement.
6. ZONING ORDINANCE TEXT AMENDMENT FOR THE STATE MANDATED WATER EFFICIENCY LANDSCAPE ORDINANCE. Review of a City-initiated zoning text amendment to Chapter 12-44 (Landscape Regulations) of Title 12 of the Municipal Code (Z2015-0004) to adopt State-mandated water efficient landscape regulations.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment Z2015-0004 to September 21, 2016.
7. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
8. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: September 7, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at