PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING AUGUST 3, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Gayle Pratt, Tim Seifert, and Chair Maribel Hernandez
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2693
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT FOR WINDSET FARMS AT 1650 BLACK ROAD. Review of a Development Agreement (DA2016-0002) for Windset Farms (California) Inc. to allow Phase 4 of their greenhouse operation (PD2016-0008) to replace a previous Development Agreement on a 49 acre portion of their original 220-acre site in a PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend the City Council approve Development Agreement DA2016-0002.
2. BETTERAVIA/A STREET COMMERCIAL GPZ AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF BETTERAVIA ROAD AND A STREET. Review of (1) a Negative Declaration, (2) a General Plan Land Use Map Amendment and Zoning Map Amendment (GPZ2015-0005), and (3) a Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0019), for the A Street Deli to allow up a 4,420-square-foot carryout market/delicatessen on a 0.5 acre site.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission:
1. By resolution, recommend that the City Council adopt a Negative Declaration;
2. By resolution, recommend that the City Council approve a General Plan Land Use Map and Zoning Map Amendment GPZ2015-0005;
3. By motion, continue Planned Development Permit PD2015-0020 to September 17, 2016.
3. VERIZON MONOPINE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT ROTARY CENTENNIAL PARK. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0001) for Verizon Wireless, to allow the construction of a monopine telecommunication tower and associated facilities at Rotary Centennial Park in a PD/PF (Planned Development/Public Facilities) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue Planned Development Permit PD2016-0001, to August 17, 2016.
4. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: August 17, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at