PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING DECEMBER 7, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Tim Seifert, Kelly White O’Neill and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 16, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2707
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. Stowell Road Sports Park PLanned Development Permit at the southwest corner of Stowell Road and Depot Street. Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0014) for the City of Santa Maria to construct two sports fields on 8.2 acres in the PD/OS (Planned Development/Open Space) district of the Blosser Southeast Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0014.
2. BARCELLUS SENIOR APARTMENTS PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 502, 510, AND 524 EAST BARCELLUS AVENUE. Review of a Planned Development Permit including a density bonus request (PD2016-0005) for Mark Fugate to allow an 80 unit senior apartment project on a 2.4 acre site in a PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0005.
3. ZONING ORDINANCE TEXT AMENDMENT FOR THE STATE MANDATED WATER EFFICIENCY LANDSCAPE ORDINANCE. Review of a City-initiated zoning text amendment to Chapter 12-44 (Landscape Regulations) of Title 12 of the Municipal Code (Z2015-0004) to adopt State-mandated water efficient landscape regulations.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission discuss the proposed amendments to Chapter 12-44 and by motion, continue Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment Z2015-0004 to February 15, 2017.
4. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: December 21, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at