PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING DECEMBER 21, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Tim Seifert, Kelly White O’Neill and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF DECEMBER 7, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2707
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. STREET IMPROVEMENTS TO DEPOT STREET AND RAILROAD AVENUE BETWEEN MAIN STREET AND ALVIN STREET. Informational presentation of street improvements to Depot Street and Railroad Avenue to improve circulation and safety along the corridor.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission receive the presentation.
2. THE RESIDENCES AT DEPOT STREET PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AND TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP AT 301 NORTH DEPOT STREET. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0003) with a density bonus and a Tentative Parcel Map (TR2016-0002) for the Housing Authority of Santa Barbara County to construct an 80-unit affordable apartment development on a 2.7-acre site in a PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission take the following actions:
1. By motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0003.
2. By resolution, approve Tentative Parcel Map TR2016-0002.
3. ANNUAL TECHNICAL AMENDMENTS TO THE ZONING ORDINANCE. Review of technical text amendments to Title 12: Zoning Ordinance (Z2016-0002).
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend the City Council approve Zoning Text Amendment Z2016-0002.
4. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: January 18, 2017.
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at