PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING FEBRUARY 17, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Gayle Pratt, Tim Seifert and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF FEBRUARY 3, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes).
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2680
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. DIANI TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP AT 1586 BLACK ROAD. Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (TR5986-0001) and an Addendum to the Area 9 Specific Plan Environmental Impact Report for Black Road Investments for a four-lot subdivision of a 99.2 acre site in a PD/M-2 (Planned Development/General Manufacturing) district of the Area 9 Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion,
continue Tentative Parcel Map TR5986-0001 to a future
2. VERIZON MONO-TREE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1611 SOUTH BLOSSER ROAD. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0006) for Verizon to construct a mono-tree at an Arco gas station on a 1.6 acre site in a PD/CC (Planned Development/Convenience Center) district of the Blosser Southwest Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue Planned Development Permit PD2014-0006 to the April 6, 2016, hearing date.
3. SANTA MARIA BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT CENTER CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 731 SOUTH LINCOLN STREET. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2016-0001) for Anne Cremarosa to allow for a 6,000-square-foot small business development center with an ancillary commercial kitchen on a 0.66 acre site in the CPO (Commercial Office and Professional Office) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2016-0001.
4. CUEVAS WAREHOUSE CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 1030 WEST CHAPEL STREET. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2015-0009) for Hipolito Cuevas to allow for a warehouse on a 0.5 acre site with two legal nonconforming dwellings in the CM (Commercial/Manufacturing) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2015-0009.
5. MALHOTRA MIXED USE DOWNTOWN PERMIT AT 504 SOUTH BROADWAY. Review of a Downtown Permit (DT2016-0001) for Malhotra Mixed Use to convert an existing 16,700-square-foot building into 36 studio units and 11 office units on a 0.7 acre site in the Gateway District of the Downtown Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend City Council approval of Downtown Permit DT2016-0001.
6. GENERAL PLAN AMENDMENT, SPECIFIC PLAN AMENDMENT, ZONING MAP AMENDMENT AND DEVELOPMENT AGREEMENT FOR NKT COMMERCIAL AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF BETTERAVIA ROAD AND HIGHWAY 101. Review of a General Plan amendment and zone change, Specific Plan amendment, a Supplemental Environmental Impact Report, a Tentative Tract Map, and a Development Agreement for a 113.4 acre site; as well as four separate Planned Development Permits for Bradley East, Bradley West, Costco, and a Freeway Tower for NKT Commercial to construct 517,500 square feet of commercial space on a 58.2 acre portion of the site on Lots 14 through 19.
2. That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend the City Council approve a General Plan Amendment, General Plan Land Use Map Amendment and Zoning Map Amendment GPZ2015-0006; and
3. That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend the City Council approve the amended Enos Ranchos Specific Plan SPZ2015-0001; and
4. That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend the City Council approve a Development Agreement DA2016-0001; and
5. That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue Tract Map 6000 and PD permits PD2015-0021, PD2015-0023, PD2015-0024 and PD2015-0026 to a special Planning Commission meeting on March 23, 2016.
7. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
8. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Study Session: March 3, 2016
Next Public Hearing: March 16, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item
on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be
available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community
Development Department Office,
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2016\FEBRUARY 17 PC AGENDA.docx