PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING JULY 20, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Gayle Pratt, Tim Seifert, and Chair Maribel Hernandez
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2692
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. VERIZON BUILDING TOWER ADDITION PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1611 SOUTH BLOSSER ROAD. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0002) for Verizon to construct a telecom facility within an addition to the existing ARCO AM/PM gas station building tower element on a 1.6 acre site in a PD/CC (Planned Development/Convenience Center) zoning district of the Blosser Southwest Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0002.
2. VERIZON MONO-TREE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1611 SOUTH BLOSSER ROAD. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0006) for Verizon to construct a mono-tree at an Arco gas station on a 1.6 acre site in a PD/CC (Planned Development/Convenience Center) zoning district of the Blosser Southwest Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, deny Planned Development Permit PD2014-0006.
3. LOS PRIMOS MARKET CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 501 SOUTH LINCOLN STREET. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2016-0006) for Los Primos Market to allow a mixed use project with an existing 1,642 square foot market, 870 square foot addition and one existing single family dwelling on a 0.27 acre site in the R-3 (High Density Residential) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend that the City Council approve Conditional Use Permit U2016-0006.
4. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: August 3, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at