PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING MAY 18, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Gayle Pratt, Tim Seifert, and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF APRIL 6, & APRIL 20, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2691
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. BARCELLUS PLAZA PERMIT AMENDMENT AT 502 BARCELLUS AVENUE. Review of an Amendment request (A2016-0003) by by Burt Fugate for an extension of time to previously approved Conditional Use Permit (U2008-032) on a 2.4 acre site in the CPO (Commercial Professional Office) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Amendment A2016-0003.
2. RITE AID PERMIT AMENDMENT AT 804 NORTH BROADWAY. Review of a Permit Amendment (A2016-0005) for Rite Aid for an extension of time to Planned Development Permit (PD2006-026) on 3.2 acre site in the PD/C-2 (Planned Development/General Commercial) zoning district of the Entrada Specific Plan.
Planning Commission, by motion, approve Amendment A2016-0005.
CHURCH STREET LAUNDRY PLANNED DEVELOPMENT
PERMIT AT 911 W CHURCH STREET. Review of a Planned Development Permit for Dave
Stewart to construct a self-service laundry and retail space in an existing
7,200 square building on a 0.4 acre site in the PD/CM (Planned Development/
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0006.
4. CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT FOR THE GATE VINEYARD FELLOWSHIP AT 3070 SKYWAY DRIVE, SUITE 103. Review of a Conditional Use Permit for the Gate Vineyard Fellowship to allow a 60 seat church in a 0.69 acre site in a PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2016-0005.
5. IDLER'S CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 1158 & 1160 W BETTERAVIA ROAD. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2016-0008) for Idler's Home to allow appliance sales and repair on a 0.69 acre site in a PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2016-0008.
6. PREISKER COMMERCIAL CENTER PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF NORTH BROADWAY AND PREISKER LANE. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0011) for Walker Engineering and Design to construct a 108-room hotel, drive-thru restaurant, and two commercial pads on a 5 acre site in a PD-f/C-2 (Planned Development/Freeway Tower/General Commercial) district of the Entrada Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2015-0011.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve the Consent Calendar.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
7. VERIZON BUILDING TOWER ADDITION PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1611 SOUTH BLOSSER ROAD. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0002) for Verizon to construct a Telecom Facility within an addition to the existing AM/PM gas station building tower element on a 1.6 acre site in a PD/CC (Planned Development/Convenience Center) district of the Blosser Southwest Specific Plan.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue PD2016-0002 to July 20, 2016.
8. Verizon Mono-tree Planned Development Permit at 1611 South Blosser Road. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0006) for Verizon to construct a mono-tree at an Arco gas station on a 1.6 acre site in a PD/CC (Planned Development/Convenience Center) district of the Blosser Southwest Specific Plan.
STAFF RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue PD2014-0006 to July 20, 2016.
9. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
10. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Study Session: May 19, 2016
Next Public Hearing: June 1, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at
S:\Community Development\Planning\PC Agendas\2016\May 18 PC Agenda.docx