PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING NOVEMBER 2, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Tim Seifert, Kelly White O’Neill and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF OCTOBER 19, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2702
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. SIERRA MADRE COTTAGES PERMIT AMENDMENT AT 624 E. CAMINO COLEGIO. Review of an Amendment request (A2016-0033) for People's Self Help Housing for a time extension of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0009) for the construction of 39 affordable senior housing units on a 2.5 acre site in a PD/R-2 (Planned Development/Medium Density Residential) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve amendment A2016-0033.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve the consent calendar.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
2. Downtown Permit for the Hancock Terrace Apartments at 530 East Boone Street. Review of a Downtown Permit (DT2016-0081) to amend a Downtown Specific Plan Development Review Permit (DSPDR2012-0001) for the Hancock Terrace Apartments to amend the traffic impact fee condition on a 9.5 acre site in the Railroad Loft District of the Downtown Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission take one of the following actions:
By resolution, recommend City Council approve
By resolution, recommend City Council deny
3. GENERAL PLAN LAND USE AND ZONING MAP AMENDMENT, TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP AND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT FOR THE RESIDENCES AT DEPOT STREET APARTMENTS AT 301 NORTH DEPOT STREET. Review of (1) a Mitigated Negative Declaration, (2) a General Plan Land Use and Zoning Map Amendment (GPZ2016-0001), (3) a Tentative Parcel Map (TR2016-0002); and (4) a Planned Development Permit with a density bonus (PD2016-0003) for the Residences at Depot Street apartment project to allow up to 80 affordable apartment units for low and very low income residents on a 2.7-acre site in the proposed PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission:
1. By resolution, recommend that the City Council adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration;
2. By resolution, recommend that the City Council approve a General Plan Land Use Map Amendment and Zone Change GPZ2016-0001;
3. By motion, continue Tentative Parcel Map TR2016-0002 and Planned Development Permit PD2016-0003 to December 21, 2016.
4. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: November 16, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at