PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING NOVEMBER 16, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Tim Seifert, Kelly White O’Neill and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 2, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2704
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. BRADLEY WEST SUBDIVISION TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF COLLEGE DRIVE AND BETTERAVIA ROAD. Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (TR2016-0006) for NKT Commercial to subdivide Lot 14 of Tract 6000 into five lots on a 13.8 acre site in the PD-f/C-2 (Planned Development/Freeway Tower/General Commercial) zoning district of the Enos Ranchos Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission: That the Planning Commission by resolution, approve Tentative Parcel Map TR-2016-0006.
2. BLACK ROAD INVESTMENTS PARCEL MAP AT 1586 BLACK ROAD. Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (TR2016-0008) and an Addendum to the Area 9 Specific Plan Environmental Impact Report for Black Road Investments for a two-lot subdivision of a 99.6 acre site in a PD/M-2 (Planned Development/General Manufacturing) district of the Area 9 Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission:
1. By motion, adopt an Addendum to the Area 9 Specific Plan EIR.
2. By resolution, approve Tentative Parcel Map TR2016-0008 (Tract 6005)
3. ENOS RANCHOS FREEWAY TOWER SIGN PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF BETTERAVIA ROAD AND HIGHWAY 101. Review of Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0026) for NKT Commercial to construct a 75-foot-tall freeway tower sign on 5.0 acre site in a PD-f/C-2 (Planned Development/Freeway Tower/General Commercial) zoning district of the Enos Ranchos Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2015-0026.
4. ZONING ORDINANCE TEXT AMENDMENT FOR THE STATE MANDATED WATER EFFICIENCY LANDSCAPE ORDINANCE. Review of a City-initiated zoning text amendment to Chapter 12-44 (Landscape Regulations) of Title 12 of the Municipal Code (Z2015-0004) to adopt State-mandated water efficient landscape regulations.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission discuss the proposed amendments to Chapter 12-44 and by motion, continue Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment Z2015-0004 to February 15, 2017.
5. DOWNTOWN PERMIT FOR THE HANCOCK TERRACE APARTMENTS AT 530 EAST BOONE STREET. Review of a Downtown Permit (DT2016-0081) to amend a Downtown Specific Plan Development Review Permit (DSPDR2012-0001) for the Hancock Terrace Apartments to amend the traffic impact fee condition on a 9.5 acre site in the Railroad Loft District of the Downtown Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, recommend City Council approve Downtown Permit DT2016-0081.
6. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
7. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: December 7, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
receive reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act
during the meeting, please notify the Community Development Department what you
need during business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting.
The Community Development Department office is at