PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OCTOBER 19, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Tim Seifert, Kelly White O’Neill and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF OCTOBER 5, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2700
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. CENTRAL COAST WINE SERVICES PERMIT AMENDMENT AT 2717 AVIATION WAY. Review of an Amendment request (A2016-0031) for Central Coast Wine Services to extend the expiration date of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0015) to allow wine tasting in an existing industrial building on a 12.0 acre site in the PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Amendment A2016-0031.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve the consent calendar.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
2. Centennial Square Permit Amendment at the southwest corner of Miller Street and Plaza Drive. Review of an Amendment request (A2016-0025) for Urban Planning Concepts to extend the expiration date of a Planned Development Permit (PD2012-0003) for the construction of 138 residential apartments on a 6.4 acre site in the PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Amendment A2016-0025.
3. BARCELLUS SENIOR APARTMENTS GENERAL PLAN LAND USE MAP AND ZONING MAP AMENDMENT, AND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 502, 510, AND 524 EAST BARCELLUS AVENUE. Review of (1) a Negative Declaration of environmental impact; (2) a General Plan Land Use and Zoning Map Amendment (GPZ2016-0002); and (3) a Planned Development Permit including a density bonus request (PD2016-0005) for Mark Fugate to allow an 80 unit Senior Residential apartment complex on a 2.4 acre site in a proposed PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission:
1. By resolution, recommend that the City Council adopt a Negative Declaration;
2. By resolution, recommend that the City Council approve a General Plan Land Use and Zoning Map Amendment (GPZ2016-0002);
3. By motion, continue Planned Development Permit PD2016-0005 to December 7, 2016.
4. SEVILLA PERMIT AMENDMENT AT 2770 SANTA MARIA WAY. Review of an Amendment request (A2016-0023) for Urban Planning Concepts to extend the expiration date of a Planned Development Permit (PD2007-010) for the construction of 69 single family residences on a 10.4 acre site in the PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Amendment A2016-0023.
5. ZONING ORDINANCE TEXT AMENDMENT FOR THE STATE MANDATED WATER EFFICIENCY LANDSCAPE ORDINANCE. Review of a City initiated zoning text amendment to Chapter 12-44 (Landscape Regulations) of Title 12 of the Municipal Code (Z2015-0004) to adopt State mandated water efficient landscape regulations.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment Z2015-0004 to November 16, 2016.
6. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
7. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: November 2, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at