PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING SEPTEMBER 7, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Gayle Pratt, Tim Seifert, and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF AUGUST 3 AND AUGUST 17, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2698
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP TO SUBDIVIDE A 4.0 ACRE PARCEL INTO TWO LOTS, LOCATED AT 3200 SKYWAY DRIVE (TRACT 6010). Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (TR2016-0003) to subdivide a 4.0 acre parcel into two lots located in the PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, approve Tentative Parcel Map TR2016-0003.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve the consent calendar.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
2. PREISKER COMMERCIAL CENTER TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP, NORTHWEST CORNER OF NORTH BROADWAY AND PREISKER LANE (TRACT 6003). Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (TR2016-0001) for Preisker Commercial Center to subdivide a 5.0 acre site into three parcels in a PD/f/C-2 (Planned Development/Freeway Tower/General Commercial) zoning district of the Entrada Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, approve Tentative Parcel Map TR2016-0001.
3. AMERICAN SELF STORAGE CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 3040 SKYWAY DRIVE. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2016-0010) for American Self Storage to allow razor wire on a 3.9 acre site in a PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, remove Conditional Use Permit U2016-0010 from the agenda.
4. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: September 21, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting, please
notify the Community Development Department what you need during business
hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at