PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING SEPTEMBER 21, 2016
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Adrian Andrade, Robert Dickerson, Gayle Pratt, Tim Seifert, and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 7, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2700
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. BETTERAVIA/A STREET PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF WEST BETTERAVIA ROAD AND A STREET. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0019) for Rogelio Paniagua to allow the construction of a 4,420-square-foot market/delicatessen on a 0.5 acre site in a PD/C-2 (Planned Development/General Commercial) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2015-0019.
2. WINDSET FARMS PHASE 4 GREENHOUSE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1650 BLACK ROAD. Review of a Mitigated Negative Declaration and a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0008) for Windset Farms to: (1) establish a 390,000-square-foot temporary agricultural hoop house facility as a permanent facility on ten acres; (2) allow construction of approximately 1.3 million square feet of new greenhouse construction on 31 acres; (3) permit construction of a new 88,000-square-foot packing shed on two acres; and provide associated support facilities on a site totaling 49 acres in the PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) zoning district of the Area 9 Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission:
1. By motion, adopt a Mitigated Negative Declaration;
2. By motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0008.
3. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
4. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: October 6, 2016
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at