PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING FEBRUARY 15, 2017
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Tom Lopez, Maribel Hernandez, Tim Seifert, Kelly White O’Neill and Chair Robert Dickerson
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2719
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. BRADLEY WEST TENTATIVE PARCEL MAP AT THE NORTHEAST CORNER OF BETTERAVIA ROAD AND COLLEGE DRIVE. Review of a Tentative Parcel Map (TR2016-0006) for NKT Commercial to subdivide Lot 14 of Tract 6000 into 5 lots on a 13.8 acre site in the PD-f/C-2 (Planned Development/Freeway Tower/General Commercial) district of the Enos Ranchos Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, approve Tentative Parcel Map TR2016-0006.
2. TEXT AMENDMENTS TO CHAPTER 12-44 OF THE MUNICIPAL CODE RELATED TO THE STATE MANDATED WATER EFFICIENCY LANDSCAPE ORDINANCE. Review of Zoning Ordinance text amendments related to State-mandated water efficient landscape regulations and other miscellaneous changes to Chapter 12-44 of the Municipal Code.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue Zoning Ordinance Text Amendment Z2015-0004 to April 5, 2017.
3. TEXT AMENDMENTS TO CHAPTER 12-35 OF THE MUNICIPAL CODE RELATED TO EXPANDED NOTICE, PERMIT EXPIRATION, EXTENSION AND REVOCATION. Review of Zoning Ordinance text amendments related to expanded public notice, Conditional Use Permit and Planned Development Permit expiration, extension and revocation regulations, and other miscellaneous changes to Chapter 12-35 of the Municipal Code.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue the public hearing for Zoning Text Amendment Z2016-0003 to March 15, 2017.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
4. EASTON APARTMENTS PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT THE SOUTHEAST CORNER OF COLLEGE DRIVE AND BATTLES ROAD. Review of a Planned Development (PD) Permit (PD2016-0011) for the Towbes Group to construct 318 apartments on a 14.5 acre site in a PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) district of the Enos Ranchos Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0011.
5. BOOMERS CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 2250 NORTH PREISKER LANE. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2016-0019) for Boomers to allow the sale of beer and wine at a recreational facility on a 4.3 acre site in a PD/FS (Planned Development/Freeway Service) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2016-0019.
6. AT&T PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1950 NORTH ROEMER PLACE. Consideration of revocation of Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0011) for AT&T to construct an 82-foot-tall mono-pine telecommunications tower to replace an existing monopole on a 2.0 acre site in the PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial/ Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, revoke Planned Development Permit PD2014-0011.
7. ESTRADA PRODUCE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT ON EAST SIDE OF PREISKER LANE, SOUTH OF THE BRADLEY CHANNEL. Consideration of revocation of a Planned Development Permit (PD2013-006) for construction of a 9,634-square-foot wholesale produce sales and distribution facility on a 1.5 acre site in the PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, revoke Planned Development Permit PD2013-006.
8. RECONSIDERATION OF A PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AND AMENDMENT for SANTA MARIA TIRE COMPANY 1900 BLOCK OF NORTH PREISKER LANE. Reconsideration of a Planned Development Permit (PD2013-0004) for Santa Maria Tire Company to allow construction of a 8,002-square-foot outlet for tire sales and servicing for trucks, farm equipment and other heavy vehicles on a 1.6-acre site in the PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) zoning district, for revocation or to extend the expiration date.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve extending the expiration date for PD2013-0004 to February 21, 2018.
9. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
10. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: March 15, 2017.
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at