PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
SPECIAL MEETING JANUARY 25, 2017
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Maribel Hernandez
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Robert Dickerson, Tom Lopez, Tim Seifert, Kelly White O’Neill and Chair Maribel Hernandez
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF DECEMBER 21, 2016.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2709
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. VERIZON PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT NORTH RAILROAD AVENUE, NORTH OF WEST TAYLOR STREET. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0018) for Verizon to allow a wireless telecommunication facility on an existing utility pole in a PD/RMH (Planned Development/Residential Mobile Home Park) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0018) to February 1, 2017.
2. REALIGNMENT OF CARMEN ROAD AT WINDSET FARMS. Review of General Plan Conformance for the realignment of Carmen Lane between Black Road and E Street, resulting in new right-of-way dedication and a partial abandonment of the existing right-of-way adjacent to Windset Farms properties in the Area 9 Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue the Carmen Lane vacation to February 1, 2017.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve the consent calendar.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
3. CHEVRON ALCOHOL SALES CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 3580 SANTA MARIA WAY. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2015-0018) for Chevron to allow the sale of beer and wine at an existing service station on a 1.4 acre site in a FS (Freeway Service) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission take one of the following actions:
1. By motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2015-0018;
2. By resolution, deny Conditional Use Permit U2015-0018.
4. SOBHANI GENERAL PLAN LAND USE AND ZONING MAP AMENDMENT AND PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 402 FARNEL ROAD. Review of (1) a Negative Declaration; (2) a General Plan Land Use and Zoning Map Amendment (GPZ2016-0005), and (3) a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0017) for Morris Sobhani to allow office uses, and allow reduced parking requirements on a 1.8 acre site in a proposed PD/CPO (Planned Development/ Commercial/Professional Office) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission take the following actions:
1. By resolution, recommend City Council adopt a Negative Declaration;
2. By resolution, recommend City Council approve General Plan Land Use and Zoning Map Amendment GPZ2016-0005; and
3. By motion, continue Planned Development Permit PD2016-0017 to March 15, 2017.
5. REVOCATION OF CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 502, 510 AND 524 EAST BARCELLUS AVENUE. Consideration of revocation of a Conditional Use Permit (U2008-032) and Amendment (A2015-0009) and Amendment (A2016-0003) for Burt Fugate to allow three medical office buildings totaling 24,000-square-feet on a 2.4 acre site formerly in the CPO (Commercial Professional Office) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, revoke Conditional Use Permit U2008-032, Amendment A2015-0009 and Amendment A2016-0003.
6. REVOCATION OF A MASTER PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 901 WEST BETTERAVIA ROAD. Consideration of revocation of a Planned Development Permit (PD2009-006) for a master plan and design guidelines for an industrial park on a 55.2 acre site formerly in the PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, revoke Planned Development Permit PD2009-006.
7. REVOCATION OF PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMITS AND AMENDMENTS AT 715 SOUTH BLOSSER ROAD. Consideration of revocation of (1) a Planned Development Permit (PD2004-016) for Thomas Reay to allow a 19,000-square-foot industrial building and a 95-foot-tall telecommunications tree-tower; (2) a Planned Development Permit (PD2007-001) and Amendment (A2014-0018) for Rudy Bachmann to allow a 34,281-square-foot industrial building; and (3) a Planned Development Permit (PD2008-012) for Craig Stephens to allow outdoor storage area as a temporary use on a 2.1 acre site in the PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, take the following actions:
1. By resolution, revoke Planned Development Permit PD2004-016;
2. By resolution, revoke Planned Development Permit PD2007-001 and Amendment A2014-0018; and
3. By resolution, revoke Planned Development Permit PD2008-012.
8. ELECTION OF OFFICERS. Election of Planning Commission officers for the 2017 calendar year.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, elect a:
3. Subdivision Committee Member
Downtown Revitalization Committee Member
9. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
10. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: February 1, 2017.
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at