PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING JULY 19, 2017
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER.† Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL.††††††††† Commissioners Tom Lopez, Maribel Hernandez, Tim Seifert, Kelly White OíNeill and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF JULY 5, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commissionís business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2733
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. ESTRADA PRODUCE PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT, LOCATED AT 1932 NORTH PREISKER LANE. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2017-0008) for Estrada Produce to construct a 9,634-square-foot produce distribution facility on a 1.5 acre site in the PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion approve Planned Development Permit PD2017-0008.
2. CENTRAL COAST WINE SERVICES PERMIT AMENDMENT AT 2717 AVIATION WAY. Reconsideration of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0015) for the purpose of approving a Permit Amendment (A2017-0015) to extend the expiration date for Central Coast Wine Services and modify the floor plan for a wine tasting establishment in an existing 233,000-square-foot industrial building on a 12.0 acre site in the PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Permit Amendment A2017-0015.
3. CENTENNIAL SQUARE PERMIT AMENDMENT AT THE SOUTHWEST CORNER OF MILLER STREET AND PLAZA DRIVE. Reconsideration of a Planned Development Permit (PD2012-0022) for the purpose of approving a Permit Amendment (A2017-0018) to extend the expiration date for Centennial Square to construct a 138-unit apartment complex on a 6.4-acre site in a PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High-Density Residential) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Permit Amendment A2017-0018.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission by resolution, recommend that the City Council adopt the Public Art Master Plan SP2017-0009, and Santa Maria Municipal Code, Chapter 10-5, Public Art Program.
5. ZONING TEXT AMENDMENT FOR SHOPPING CART CONTAINMENT ORDINANCE. Review of a Zoning Text Amendment (Z2017-0002) to amend Title 12 of the City of Santa Maria Municipal Code to add Chapter 55 related to shopping carts.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission by resolution, recommend that the City Council approve Zoning Text Amendment Z2017-0003.
6. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: August 16, 2017.