PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING JULY 5, 2017
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER.† Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL.††††††††† Commissioners Tom Lopez, Maribel Hernandez, Tim Seifert, Kelly White OíNeill and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF JUNE 7, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commissionís business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2732
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. CENTRAL COAST HOT ROD AND COLLISION CENTER CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT AT 1213 SOUTH BLOSSER ROAD. Conditional Use Permit (U2017-0008) for Central Coast Hot Rod and Collision Center to allow an auto body repair and paint shop in an existing 11,900-square-foot building with associated outdoor storage on a 1.0 acre site in the M-2 (General Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2017-0008.
2. NEW BEGINNINGS CHRISTIAN FELLOWSHIP CHURCH AT 1290 W MCCOY LANE. Review of a Conditional Use Permit (U2017-0011) for New Beginnings Christian Fellowship Church to occupy a 12,500-square-foot tenant space in an existing multi-tenant building on a 3.0 acre site in a PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Conditional Use Permit U2017-0011.
3. ANNUAL TECHNICAL AMENDMENTS TO THE ZONING ORDINANCE. Review of technical text amendments to Title 12: Zoning Ordinance (Z2017-0002).
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend the City Council approve Zoning Text Amendment Z2017-0002.
4. ENOS RANCHOS MERCADO PERMIT AMENDMENT AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF BETTERAVIA ROAD AND COLLEGE DRIVE. Reconsideration of a Planned Development Permit (PD2011-005) to construct an 80,900-square-foot shopping center on a 7.8 acre site in a PD/C-2 (Planned Development/ General Commercial) district of the Enos Ranchos Specific Plan, for revocation or to approve Permit Amendment A2017-0008 to extend the expiration date.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue the reconsideration of Planned Development Permit (PD2011-005) to a future public hearing.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
5. FURUKAWA WAREHOUSE EXPANSION PROJECT, LOCATED AT 1259 FURUKAWA WAY. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2017-0001) for Ron Zeigler to construct a 30,000-square-foot warehouse building on a 4.6 acre site in a PD/M-2 (Planned Development/General Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2017-0001.
6. SKILLED NURSING FACILITY PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 526 PLAZA DRIVE. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2017-0005) for Stone Creek Investment Corporation to construct a 58,000-square-foot residential care facility with 99 beds on a 4.8 acre site in a PD/CPO (Planned Development/Commercial Professional Office) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2017-0005.
7. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: July 19, 2017.