PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING MARCH 15, 2017
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Tom Lopez, Maribel Hernandez, Tim Seifert, Kelly White O’Neill and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF JANUARY 25, 2017, FEBRUARY 1, 2017, AND FEBRUARY 15, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2722
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
1. BOONE STREET MARKET GENERAL PLAN LAND USE MAP AND ZONING MAP AMENDMENT AND A DOWNTOWN SPECIFIC PLAN AMENDMENT FOR 501 AND 407 EAST BOONE STREET. Review of (1) a Negative Declaration, a (2) a General Plan Land Use Map Amendment and Zoning Map Amendment (GPZ2016-0004); and a Specific Plan Amendment (SPZ2016-0003), to include approximately 1.4 acres located on the north side of East Boone Street, on both sides of South School Street in the Railroad Loft District of the Downtown Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission remove GPZ2016-0004 and SPZ2016-0003 from the agenda.
2. VERIZON PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1001 EAST DONOVAN ROAD. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2017-0004) for Verizon to construct a telecommunications facility on an existing utility pole at 1001 East Donovan Road adjacent to a developed 0.6 acre site in a PD/CC (Planned Development/Convenience Center) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2017-0004.
3. 2016 GENERAL PLAN ANNUAL REPORT. Review of the General Plan Annual Report on the status of the General Plan and progress in its implementation for the 2016 calendar year.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, recommend that City Council receive the 2016 General Plan Annual Report.
4. REPORT ON CITY COUNCIL ACTIONS.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: April 5, 2017.
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at