PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING MAY 17, 2017
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Tom Lopez, Maribel Hernandez, Tim Seifert, Kelly White O’Neill and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF APRIL 5, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2731
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. CERTIFIED FREIGHT LOGISTICS PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1322 WHITE COURT. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0016) for Certified Freight Logistics to allow an 11,000-square-foot expansion of an existing facility on a 7.6 acre site in a PD/M-2 (Planned Development/General Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0016.
2. DOWNS EQUIPMENT PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT ON EAST SIDE OF PREISKER LANE, NORTH OF ROEMER WAY. Reconsideration of a Planned Development Permit (PD2015-0012) for the purpose of approving a Permit Amendment (A2017-0012) to extend the expiration date for Downs Equipment Rentals to allow the construction of a 3,900-square-foot agricultural equipment rental store and outdoor storage and display space on a 1.6 acre site in a PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Amendment A2017-0012.
3. ENOS RANCHOS MERCADO PERMIT AMENDMENT AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF BETTERAVIA ROAD AND COLLEGE DRIVE. Reconsideration of a Planned Development Permit (PD2011-005) to construct an 80,900-square-foot shopping center on a 7.8 acre site in a PD/C-2 (Planned Development/ General Commercial) district of the Enos Ranchos Specific Plan, for revocation or to approve Permit Amendment A2017-0008 to extend the expiration date.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue the reconsideration of Planned Development Permit (PD2011-005) to the June 21, 2017 public hearing.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
4. COASTHILLS PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT THE NORTHWEST CORNER OF BETTERAVIA ROAD AND U.S. HIGHWAY 101. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0004) for CoastHills to construct a 91,200-square-foot three-story building on a 5.1 acre site in a PD-f/C-2 (Planned Development/Freeway Tower/General Commercial) district of the Enos Ranchos Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0004.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: June 7, 2017.
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you are someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at