PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING NOVEMBER 15, 2017
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER. Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL. Commissioners Maribel Hernandez, Tom Lopez, Tim Seifert, Kelly White O’Neill and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF NOVEMBER 1, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commission’s business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2739
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. SIERRA MADRE COTTAGES PERMIT AMENDMENT AT 624 E. CAMINO COLEGIO. Review of an Amendment request (A2017-0031) for People's Self Help Housing for a time extension of a Planned Development Permit (PD2014-0009) for the construction of 39 affordable senior housing units on a 2.5 acre site in a PD/R-2 (Planned Development/Medium Density Residential) zoning district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve amendment A2017-0031.
2. STEVE’S CENTRAL COAST DETAILING CONDITIONAL USE PERMIT 2115 SOUTH BLOSSER ROAD, SUITE 106. A Conditional Use Permit (U2017-0015) for Steven Torres to establish an auto detailing and polishing use on a 2.0 acre site in a PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve approve Conditional Use Permit U2017-0015.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve the consent calendar.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
3. PEPPERTREE CHEVRON GAS STATION PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1601 NORTH BROADWAY. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2017-0007) for Peppertree Petroleum, Inc. to reconstruct the Peppertree Chevron gas station to include additional pumps and a 2,500-square-foot convenience store on a 0.3 acre site in a PD/C-2 (Planned Development/General Commercial) district of the Entrada Specific Plan.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2017-0007.
4. SKYWAY OFFICE BUILDING PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 3250 SKYWAY DRIVE. Review of a Planned Development (PD2017-0013) for Palacios Architects to construct a 19,800-square-foot two-story office building on a 1.3 acre site in a PD/M-1 (Planned Development/Light Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2017-0013.
5. GENERAL PLAN LAND USE MAP AND ZONING MAP AMENDMENT FOR LUIS CHAVEZ AT 1111 WEST COOK STREET. Review of (1) a Negative Declaration, and (2) a General Plan Land Use Map amendment and Zoning Map amendment (GPZ2017-0002) to allow future high density residential uses on a 0.2 acre site.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission
1. By resolution, recommend that the City Council adopt a Negative Declaration; and
2. By resolution, recommend that the City Council approve a General Plan Land Use Map and Zoning Map amendment, GPZ2017-0002.
6. ZONING TEXT AMENDMENT FOR ACCESSORY DWELLING UNITS TITLE 12 OF THE CITY OF SANTA MARIA MUNICIPAL CODE. Review of a Zoning Text Amendment (Z2017-0004) to amend Title 12 of the City of Santa Maria Municipal Code to repeal and replace the City’s current regulations set forth in Chapters 12-1, 12-2, 12-5, 12-6, 12-6A, 12-7, 12-8, 12-27, and add a new section 12-56 to the Santa Maria Municipal Code.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by resolution, recommend the City Council adopt Zoning Text Amendment Z2017-0004.
7. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: December 20, 2017.
This agenda is prepared and posted pursuant to the requirements of Government Code Section 54954.2. By listing a topic on this agenda, the Planning Commission has expressed its intent to discuss and act on each item. In addition to any action identified in the brief general description of each item, the action that may be taken shall include: a referral to staff with specific requests for information; continuance; specific direction to staff concerning the policy or mission of the item; discontinuance of consideration; adoption, approval or disapproval or recommendation thereof.
If you challenge a determination made on a matter on this agenda in court, you may be limited to raising only those issues you or someone else raised at the public hearing described on this agenda, or in written correspondence to the Planning Commission at, or prior to, the public hearing.
Materials related to an item on this agenda submitted after distribution of the agenda packet will be available for public inspection during normal business hours in the Community Development Department Office, 110 South Pine Street, Room 101, Santa Maria.
To receive reasonable
accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act during the meeting,
please notify the Community Development Department what you need during
business hours at least 48 hours in advance of the meeting. The Community
Development Department office is at