PLANNING COMMISSION AGENDA
REGULAR MEETING OCTOBER 18, 2017
CITY COUNCIL CHAMBERS, 6:30 P.M.
CALL TO ORDER.† Chair Robert Dickerson
PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE.
ROLL CALL.††††††††† Commissioners Maribel Hernandez, Tom Lopez, Tim Seifert, Kelly White OíNeill and Chair Robert Dickerson
APPROVAL OF PLANNING COMMISSION MINUTES OF SEPTEMBER 20, 2017.
PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD. (not to exceed a total of 15 minutes)
Each member of the audience may address the Commission on any subject within the Commissionís business. Each member of the audience and each subject is limited to discussion of three minutes or as otherwise directed by the Chair.
Next Resolution No: 2738
CONSENT CALENDAR. The consent calendar is approved with one motion. These items are read only on request of Commission members. Should anyone, including members of the public, wish to discuss or disapprove any item, it must be dropped from the blanket motion and considered as a separate item.
1. IGLESIA DE JESUCRISTO PROJECT REVIEW PERMIT AT 1104 WEST FESLER STREET. Review of a Project Review (PR) Permit (U2017-0006) for Iglesia De Jesucristo to allow parking lot improvements on a 2.3 acre site in a PF (Public Facilities) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Project Review Permit U2017-0006 (PR).
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve the consent calendar.
ORDER OF PROCEEDINGS FOR PUBLIC HEARING ITEMS:
Questions from Commission.
Written communications/public comment.
Applicant closing statement.
Public hearing to be closed.
2. CHAVES FARMING PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1965 ROEMER PLACE. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2017-0015) for Chaves Farming to construct a 16,000-square-foot corporate office and warehouse facility on a 1.0 acre site in a PD/CM (Planned Development/Commercial/Manufacturing) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2017-0015.
3. BIELY BRADLEY APARTMENTS PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 1400 NORTH BRADLEY ROAD. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2016-0013) for Michael Biely to construct an eight-unit apartment complex on a 0.5 acre site in a PD/R-3 (Planned Development/High Density Residential) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, approve Planned Development Permit PD2016-0013.
4. D & JíS SOBER TRANSITIONAL FACILITY PLANNED DEVELOPMENT PERMIT AT 819 WEST CHURCH STREET. Review of a Planned Development Permit (PD2017-0011) for D & Jís Sober Transitional Facility to allow a mixed-use facility consisting of transitional living quarters and professional life counseling offices on a 0.2 acre site in a PD/C-2 (Planned Development/General Commercial) district.
RECOMMENDATION: That the Planning Commission, by motion, continue Planned Development Permit (PD2017-00011) to the November 1, 2017 public hearing.
5. ORAL REPORTS FROM PLANNING COMMISSION AND STAFF.
Next Public Hearing: November 1, 2017.