Zip Books is an alternative to traditional interlibrary loan. You may request a book, large print book, or an audiobook to be delivered to your home, free of charge. Once you have finished reading, return the book to the library and we will add it to our collection for others to enjoy.
To be eligible:
- The book must be available through Amazon, and cost no more than $50 (pre-tax) for books and no more than $75 (pre-tax) for audiobooks.
- You must have a library card and the account must be in good standing, with no more than two outstanding Zip Books items.
- You must be a resident of Santa Maria, Orcutt, Guadalupe, Los Alamos, or Cuyama.
- Two (2) Zip Books can be ordered and in your possession at a time, no more than five (5) per month.
- Items requested cannot be owned by Santa Maria, Orcutt, Guadalupe, Los Alamos, Cuyama, or the Bookmobile.
- No books published within the last three (3) months may be ordered.
This project was supported in whole or in part by funding provided by the State of California, administered by the California State Library.