Annual Road Projects
Updated October 11, 2022: Drivers are advised that most of the surface seal road treatments are done on numerous Santa Maria streets. This Thursday and Friday, October 13-14, there will be follow-up work, and then street striping will occur in late October. The overall job of chip seal and fog seal began Wednesday, September 21st.
Arterial Dig Out and Overlay Project
Click on above graphic to enlarge view - Arterial Dig Out Calendar - updated October 10, 2022
Drivers are advised that temporary delays will occur on various Santa Maria streets due to the City’s Arterial Dig Out and Overlay Project beginning Monday, August 8th and continuing through the end of October.
The roadway project will include the installation of new streetlight conduit and asphalt paving work that includes the dig out and repair of failed asphalt areas, removal of existing traffic striping, grinding of the edges of the existing pavement, the placement of hot mix asphalt overlay, and then re-establishment of traffic striping. The City is contracting with CalPortland Construction to perform this $3,578,800 project funded by Measure A, Gas Tax and SB-1 Gas Tax dollars.
The streets that are part of the project include:
- Alvin Avenue, College Drive to Bradley Road
- Battles Road, Miller Street to College Drive
- College Drive, Stowell Road to Enos Drive
- Depot Street, Stowell Road to Morrison Avenue
- Depot Street, Boone Street to Cook Street
- Skyway Drive, Betteravia Road to Orcutt Expressway
- Stowell Road, Black Road to Hanson Way
- Stowell Road, Depot Street to Broadway (Highway 135)
- E. Orange Street, College Drive to Concepcion Avenue
The arterial dig out and overlay project is a substantial roadway treatment that is designed to repair distressed roadway sections with an overlay of new asphalt over the remaining section of roadway. The overlay treatment is proposed to last just over 10 years.